Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mom's BIG Day!

Well, if you can't guess from the title (Snow Cole reference, anyone?) today is my mom's birthday.  Sadly I can't help her celebrate, so instead I thought I'd say a few words on here (not like she'll probably ever see it).

*Cue sappiness*
If you have not had the pleasure to meet and/or get to know my mom, you're missing out. She is, by far, one of the greatest people I've ever known or met.  Some of you may have noticed that I might mention her a lot, and hey, why not?  She is one of my best friends and (almost always) understands me.  We are a hoot together.  Seriously, there are times where one of us starts laughing and once we get going one of us has to leave the room to get it to stop.  For example: when I moved down here I (of course) had to get car insurance.  Since I needed it before I could take my 'new to me' car home, I had to call from our hotel room to get things set up.  Now, I can't disclose exactly what we were laughing at, but I can tell you that I made an ass of myself to the insurance agent.  I was giggling and mom was giggling (even now I have to laugh just thinking about it) all while trying to talk to the woman on the phone.  After trying to hide my laughing by coughing or clearing my throat, I finally got control of myself... or so I thought.  One look at mom, trying to hide her face and giggles and I lot it.  Now repeat this another one or two times.  FINALLY, my mom went into the bathroom so I couldn't see/hear her laugh, and it worked!  Until I started laughing at the fact that she had to hide in the bathroom to keep me from laughing.  Poor insurance agent.

But in all seriousness, my mom is an amazing person.  If I ever become even half of as amazing she is, well the world better watch out!  I don't know of many people who could have done what she has over the years, especially the last six, with taking care of my dad, eventually having to run a business on her own, and still make time for family and friends.  She handled it all with great class and poise. She's strong, one of the strongest people I've ever met.  And the list could go on and on.

So thank you mom, for all you have done for me and the rest of our family.  We are truly blessed to have you in our lives.  I can't wait for you to visit in a couple months!  And HAPPY (insert age here) BIRTHDAY!


In other (quick) news: work has definitely picked up.  Out of nowhere 4 or 5 different projects are due by the middle of this month and next month.  Yay for staying busy!  Also, I will be traveling to Flagstaff next week (yay for cooler weather!) so we'll see how that goes. 

I hope everyone is having fun and staying safe up north!  How 'bout an update on what's going on with you?

5 comments:

  1. Very nice tribute to your mom. Happy birthday Sarah's mom!

    Karen and I were at Tugg's the other day and said hi to Tony. We couldn't remember what part of Phoenix you decided to live in...what was it called again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy post post BIG day to Sarah's mom!!!!! And have a great BIG week!

    Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph- You guys had Tony again? I'm sure he was thrilled when he saw you two walk in. Did he stop over constantly again? I live on the West side of Phoenix, not too far from I-10.

    Maddie- How many kleenex do I have left? Haha, hope all is well with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were there awhile back and he did come over constantly and chat with us even though he wasn't our waiter. This last time though he wasn't our waiter again, but it was busier so he didn't see us until right when we were leaving. Pretty sure Tony has a thing for Karen haha. And Layne was with us last time...I don't think he's a fan of Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, poor Tony. Karen shattered his heart. I still love the fact that he stopped over to chat with you guys even when he wasn't your waiter.

    ReplyDelete